This list is like a list of promises I’ve made to myself. I’d like maintain coverage on the progress of all these endeavors with future Posts. If anything seems interesting, click on the links in the text to see either an external website’s page about them or a post written by me.
- Getting a solid and deep understanding of Linux and it’s varieties.
- Studying for and passing the Linux Professional Institute Certification – Level 1 (LPIC-1), Novell’s Certified Linux Administrator (CLA), and CompTIA’s Linux+.
- Being fluent in the material covered by the Linux From Scratch (LFS) project.
- Getting a solid and deep understanding of networking with a focus on security.
- Learning how security concepts and practices integrate with real world organizations.
- Staying competent with FISMA by reading up on NIST publications like Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) and Special Publications (800 Series).
- Retaking the (ISC)2 CISSP Exam in 2014.
- In the distant future, graduating with a Information Systems and Operations Management B.S. from George Mason University.
- Successfully transitioned to Northern Virginia from South Florida, May 13, 2012.
- Became an Associate of (ISC)2 by passing the CISSP Exam, February 18, 2012.
- Completed CISSP CBK Review Seminar, December 12, 2011.